AlcoScreen 02 DOT Approved Saliva Alcohol Test
Alcoscreen 02 DOT Approved Alcohol Test Uses:
DOT mandated testing
Alcohol treatment programs
Criminal justice testing
Emergency room admission testing
Over the Counter use
Alco-Screen 02 Dot Approved, FDA Cleared, and CLIA Waived Saliva Alcohol Test
Instructions for use:
ALCO-SCREEN®02 DOT Alcohol Test is a qualitative screening test used to detect the
presence of ethyl alcohol in human saliva. The test detects relative blood
alcohol concentrations (BAC) greater than or equal to 0.02%. Results are
used for the diagnosis of alcohol intoxication. For in-vitro diagnostic use.
The assay is a disposable test for one-time use.
ALCO-SCREEN®02 consists of a plastic strip with a test pad attached at the
tip. The test pad is treated to react with alcohol in saliva. A distinct colored
line will develop across the test pad if alcohol is detected at greater than or
equal to 0.02%BAC.
Alco-Screen 02 Product Features
- Convenient – Use anywhere, anytime
- Quick 4 minute alcohol test results
- DOT approved alcohol screening test
- FDA Cleared
- CLIA Waived
- Over the counter use
- 24 tests per box
The AlcoScreen 02 is the most cost effective DOT approved saliva alcohol test on the market. AlcoScreen 02 is ideal for your DOT testing program.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Before you begin:
• DO NOT place anything in mouth for 15 minutes before testing.
• Remove test package from the box and let it reach room temperature.
• Open package immediately before testing.
• Inspect test pad. The test pad should be a cream color.
• A faint shadow may be seen across the test pad where it has been
treated to detect alcohol.
• Do not use the test if a blue line can be seen across the test pad.
Specimen collection and handling:
1. Use a clean dry Solo”‘ cup (P100, 1oz, clear polystyrene). Simply spit
into the cup.
2. Make sure you collect enough saliva to completely wet the test pad.
3. Do not place anything in the saliva sample.
4. Immediately start the procedure below.
1. Wet test pad with saliva for 5 seconds, then remove. Start the timer
2. At 4 minutes, read the results.
3. If a distinct colored line appears (see below), relative blood alcohol
concentration (BAC) is greater than or equal to 0.02%.
Note: Results read after 5 minutes may not be accurate.
Positive Result: Blood alcohol greater than or equal to 0.02%.
Negative Result: Blood alcohol less than 0.02%.